For as long as I can remember, we’ve been using RVSiteBuilder as our integrated / free site builder. While serviceable, and definitely not behind the times a few years ago, there has been a push in the hosting market over the past few years to help SMBs create an online presence. With that push comes professional, easy to use, and affordable site builders. These mom and pop type shops don’t have the deep pockets like a Fortune 500 firm to hire professional designers, but they realize the lost opportunity of not having a web presence. We’re extremely excited to announce the release of our brand new, professional, and affordable site builder. The ability to create a professional looking website is now at the fingertips of every customer.
What took you so long? It’s 2013!
We’re aware (painfully so) that for a very long time we’ve been unable to compete when it comes to offering a modern site builder. We’ve been focusing on a number of other areas of our company, and while we’ve made a lot of progress there, something was always missing. Nowadays, everybody wants a website. Your local pizzeria, the village barbershop, even your dear grandma may want a place to show off what she spent the last week knitting. Your options used to be limited, either pay a professional designer or use a less than stellar site builder to create an “okay” looking site. With our new site builder, we’re eliminating the need for a third party and allowing anyone, even your grandmother, to create a website some professional designers couldn’t create.
What makes your site builder better than everyone else?
There are a number of factors that separate our offerings from our competitors. It’s cheap, it’s easy to use, there are an unbelievable amount of features (we’re still learning how to fully utilize all of them!), and it’s integrated right into your account. You get a 30 day free trial to see how much you like the product, and trust me, you will. Check out this page for a breakdown of costs + what’s included, but we’ll expand on some key features below:
- Pre-built Sites: Choose from nearly 20 pre-built sites that fit your business or interests. There are sites available for artists, musicians, restaurants, educators, athletes, and much more. If you don’t fall into any of these categories, or you’re more of a hands on type person, you can create an entirely custom site from scratch.
- Templates: Choose from over 100+ premium templates, each with their own unique touch and feel. If you’re an artistic person, let you creativity flow with one of the more modern templates. Maybe you’re building a site for a 100 year old business looking to keep the old time feel while entering the modern age. You can do that to. If you can imagine it, our site builder can help you create it.
- Professional Image Library: Choose from over 3,000 professionally shot, fully licensed, and free to use images. We’ve got pictures of plants, clouds, cars, books, people, an arch built by rocks, the Eiffel tower, and much, much more. You’re not required to use our images though, they’re just there as a courtesy. You can upload your own images and integrate them right into your site.
- CSS Support: For those of you with a background in web development/design, or who know a friend or colleague handy with CSS, this feature should excite you. Having the option to modify/create your own CSS adds an even deeper layer of control over the appearance and behavior of your site.
- Go Mobile: No surprise, we’re in the age of smart phones and tables. People spend more and more time each day browsing the web from their mobile devices. If your website isn’t built for mobile, you’re losing traffic, money, and return visitors. Our site builder natively turns your website into a mobile friendly version, providing your visitors with an enjoyable browsing experience even from their brand new iPhone 5c!
- Social Media: If you’re reading this blog post, there is a good chance you were referred either from Facebook or Twitter. If you weren’t, and you haven’t already liked or followed us, you should do that now! Back on topic, our site builder allows you to integrate your Facebook page, Twitter account, G+ account, Flickr account, etc. You get the idea
- Language Support: You have the option of 6 different languages for the site, and we’ll have more coming over time. Choose from English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, or Portuguese (Brazilian).
- Nifty Widgets: They’re not officially named the ‘Nifty Widgets’, but that is the best word I could come up with. Here is a short list of widgets you can embed right into your site, though this is far from an exhaustive list of options:+ Your business location with Google Maps+ Google Translate and Google AdSense
+ Paypal Catalog, Donation, or Product (or all 3)
+ YouTube Video
+ Tumblr Blog
+ Flickr Gallery and Flickr Search
+ SmugMug Gallery
+ Metacafe Video
+ MP3 File
+ Ready to use contact form
- Web Hosting: Our site builder comes with shared web hosting as well. You’ll be able to host your brand new site any of our 6 locations, receive 24/7/365 support, and be guaranteed 99.9% uptime. A professional site isn’t worth anything without professional web hosting to back it up.
Anything else we should know?
First off, don’t just take my word on how awesome this site builder is. I’m not lying to you, but I want you to see for yourself what our product is capable of. You can start a 30 day free trial at any time and have absolutely *zero* obligation to give us a cent. Create a site, destroy it, create it again, and then don’t touch it for the next 29 days. We don’t mind. Our system will remove your work and we won’t come knocking on your door for a bill.
Of course, if you like the site builder (or the site you created) so much you want to pay us, you can do that too. We’ve built the trial so when that when it ends, if you want to go to a paid version, you can take your existing work/site and move it right into the paid product. We don’t want you to waste your time learning the site builder for a product you can’t keep!
Also worth noting, some features are only available on the higher tier plans. If you’re on the ‘Standard’ site builder plan, and there is a feature you absolutely must have on the ‘Premium’ plan, you can upgrade at any time and have instant access to those features. We don’t want your 3AM design and creativity session to be interrupted by our poor design.
Lastly, here is a gallery of a few more images of the site builder:
We sincerely hope you’re all as excited about this site builder as we are. We’d love to hear any comments, feedback, suggestions, or criticism you may have. Don’t be shy!